Utilize Your California State Retirement Membership to Purchase or Refinance the Home of Your Dreams
Are you a CalPERS, CalLRS, or CalJRS member looking to purchase or refinance a home? Although CalPERS discontinued its Home Loan Program on December 31, 2010, CalPERS members can still utilize their membership benefit to purchase or refinance a home through VITEK’s exclusive California Public Employees’ Retirement Mortgage (CalPERM) home loan program.
CalPERM Eligible Borrowers:
Must be an active, inactive, retired, or annuitant members of the California Public Employees’ Retirement System (“CalPERS”), the Legislators’ Retirement System (“LRS”) or the Judges’ Retirement System (“JRS”).
CalPERM Home Loan Program Benefits:
- $495 appraisal fee credit1 (Borrower will pay for appraisal & review fees upfront; credit applied at close of escrow.)
- FREE credit report
- Up to 7.5% in down payment and closing cost assistance2
- Up to $3000 in discounts on moving trucks and home decor retailers3
CalPERM Program Restrictions:
- Primary residence only
- Purchases, limited cash-out and cash-out refinances
- No income limitations, unless the program is combined with an eligible down payment assistance program, which will have income eligibility limits
- May not be combined with FHA 203(k), Streamline(k), Platinum, manufactured homes, or co-ops
To take advantage of the CalPERM Home Loan Program and for further details, contact our sales team today or call us at 866-787-0300.
1Offer subject to borrower closing loan with VITEK Mortgage Group. Cost of appraisal and review fees vary by loan and property type. Only one appraisal fee credit may be applied per loan transaction toward the actual cost of the appraisal and review fees; credit value will not exceed $495. Borrower will pay for appraisal and review fees upfront, and lender credit will be applied at loan closing. Appraisal fee credit has no cash value and may not be exchanged or redeemed for cash. 2Available on certain loan products only. Income and other restrictions apply. Percentage is an estimate and will change based on program(s) used. 3Providers not affiliated with VITEK Mortgage Group. Program guideline information may change without notice. Please contact us for the latest program guidelines.